How to Pack for a Young Living Convention
What To Bring and What To Expect
*Please note this article was written in 2013 but you can still learn a lot*
OH MY! I am leaving for Utah tomorrow night and I am so excited. The Young Living International Convention is an event that can’t be described with words. You just have to experience it by attending and your life will change forever. I have noticed many Young Living distributors posting on social media and asking what to pack for convention. I decided to write a post for all of you the night before I leave. (Instead of packing, lol!)
QUICK EVENT TIPS:
- When you are at convention this year purchase a $99.00 convention ticket for next years convention at the registration area. (save money)
- Make your hotel reservations through Young Living’s Event Planning Company found on the website. They block off rooms at a hotel and provide a discounted rate.
- The temperature is usually in the 80’s to 90’s during the day and 50’s to 60’s at night. It’s hot and sunny during the day; however, it is a dry heat, not humid.
- Bring a light jacket for indoors if you get cold from air conditioning. Dressing in layers is best because you are running all over the place.
- Bring an extra EMPTY suitcase if you plan on purchasing products from the events. (Life Science Publishers, Abundant Health 4U, Vendors, Young Living Product Expo and Biz Expo!)
- Comfortable shoes are a must. I bring sneakers, flip flops, sandals and dress shoes.
- Don’t forget business cards for networking and flyers if you own a business.
- A Refillable Water Bottle is a great idea as well as some healthy snacks for your bag.
- A drug store is located across the street and you can get to a supermarket on the trolley. (I use my empty carry-on rolling suitcase to transport groceries and water back to the hotel)
- Small Laundry Detergent Liquid Packets, Free and Clear, or Some Thieves Cleaner to do laundry in the hotel. (Great if you are staying for a week or longer)
- I bring a bathing suit for the hotel hot tub and pool.
- Work out clothes if you want to participate in early morning aroma-yoga, tai chi or zumba classes at convention. They happen early morning.
- If you are attending convention with your team or friends it’s a great idea to separate during afternoon break-out sessions. This way you can share notes and not miss out on anything!
- Make sure if you are new you write down your member number. You might need it.
- Don’t miss out on when they open the doors to the product expo; everyone runs in screaming and it’s very exciting!
- Make sure you are in the main room for the general session early to get a good seat.
- Do not miss opening ceremony for the general session and is breathtaking!
- FREE WIFI in the Convention for Young Living members (password will be in your registration packet) and Your Hotel Lobbies
- Supermarkets in the area for healthy snacks are Wholefoods and Harmons. They are in walking distance from the convention center.
- Best Restaurant: I love Squatters on 147 W. Broadway because it is inexpensive and has an excellent variety of food. It has an outdoor patio, is open late and has gluten free vegan options.
- Airport Transportation to Convention Center/Hotels: Express Shuttle $7.00 per person each way (discount for Young Living Members and does not include driver gratuity) Reservations are required call Toll Free 1-800-397-0773. When you arrive at the airport, please go to the Ground Transportation Desk, which is located in the baggage claim area. Check in with the Express Shuttle representative. Once passengers check in with luggage, the shared shuttle departs within 20 minutes. Terminal #1 Inside the terminal by baggage claim #2 and Terminal 2 Inside the terminal by baggage claim #6
- Airport also has Taxi’s that you can share or Take A Shuttle (from your hotel)
- Salt Lake City has a trolley that can take you around the town to the supermarket and other attractions.
- Walk from your hotel to the convention center. The Hilton, Marriott, Radison and the Shilo Inn are across the street from the Convention Center.
Convention General Session consists of two parts. The general session takes place in the main room. This is where all the magic happens with the keynote speakers and corporate presentations. In the middle of the day you have time to choose what smaller workshops to go to. It’s a good idea to plan ahead what you want to attend when you get your registration packet. The smaller workshops are really amazing because you can choose a specific topic you want to learn more about. Just remember, you can never do everything, so you just have to go more than once!
THE WEEK AT A GLANCE OF 2013 CONVENTION (schedule changes each year)
- Diamonds and Crown Diamonds Arrive Early For Leadership Training
- Good Day to fly in and enjoy the hotel pools- (bring a bathing suit)
- Leadership Training for Executives and Above
- General Registration is at the convention center (get there early to beat the lines). You sign in and receive your gift bag. The gift bag usually has a pen, paper, gifts and convention schedule.
- NIGHT EVENT: Opening Reception which is open to everyone. This is the best party ever! Young Living feeds us food from around the world, provides music and free Ningxia Red shots. The Ningxia Red Bar will blow your mind. This is a great opportunity to mingle with leadership and distributors from all over the world. It is truly exciting. (open to everyone)
- Morning Zumba, Tai Chi or Yoga 6:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. (Everyone Loves This)
- General Registration 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Do Not Miss The Opening General Session Ceremony)
- General Convention Session 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (General Session Consists of Keynote Speakers and Workshops)
- Product and Business Expo 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (Sample Every New Product for Free and Purchase Business Tools)
- The Young Living Spa Opens (go early to book your appointment)
- Kids Oil Camp 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (This is excellent and the kids love it)
- Young Living Cafe 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (salads, wraps, healthy snacks, Slique Tea Bar, Ningxia Red Bar)
- NIGHT EVENT: Leadership Awards Gala (silvers and above) 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Dress Code Black Tie (invitation only)
- Same As DAY THREE
- NIGHT EVENT: Free Night (usually your up-line diamond sponsors an event)
- Same As Wednesday
- NIGHT EVENT: D. Gary Young Foundation Fundraising Event 7:00-10.00 (Every year there is a different theme so if you go bring proper attire, you purchase tickets for this)
- Farm Day 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (This is an awesome event don’t miss it!)
Farm Day is a beautiful day of fellowship with distributors, corporate employees, friends and family. Farm Day is a great opportunity to experience one of Young Living’s farms with the entire Young Living International community. It is the ultimate convention finale. Last year I had a great time exploring the green house, distillery, farm fields and the store. Yes you can go shopping for items that are usually out of stock! It’s hot on the farm so dress in light clothing. There are paddle boats in the lake and a stream to dip your feet in. Dress Code: Comfortable Casual! It’s HOT! Plenty of shade under the trees.
Farm Day Packing List:
- Sunglasses / Hat or Visor
- Thieves Hand Sanitizer (Porta-Potties HELLO and indoor restrooms also)
- Peppermint Spray
- Small Back Pack
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Camera / Phone
Food and Drink at the Farm:
- Snack Stations
- Ningxia Red Smoothies
- Lavender Lemonade
- Lavender and Peppermint Ice Cream
- Tofu Dogs and Turkey Burgers
- Water Jugs (bring a refillable water bottle so you don’t have to wait on line for water all day)
- Lunch Buffet Barbecue Style (vegan and gluten free available)
Farm Day Highlights:
- Acres of lavender in bloom
- Lavender Labyrinth (spiritual experience)
- Distillery tours (bring an empty oil bottle to fill up)
- Educational workshops (pen and paper)
- Horse Raindrop Demonstrations (don’t miss this)
- Medieval village and jousting
- Western town shootout
- Wagon rides and Paddle boat rides
- Indian village
- Farm Animals and Children’s Rides
- Discount Product Tent
- Musical Performances on the outdoor stage
Bus transportation is provided back and forth from the convention center and farm all day: $39 per person for the bus / Self-park: $10 per car / Rent A Car for the day and drive with friends
The Drive Between Salt Lake to Mona
Young Living Products To Bring
- Your Favorite Oils, Supplements and Products you can’t live without.
- Mini Ningxia Red Packets
- Deep Relief Roll-On
- Thieves Spray and Thieves Hand Sanitizer
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Thieves Essential Oil
- Travel Diffuser
- DiGize Essential Oil
If I forgot anything please leave your personal tips, tricks and suggestions in the comment section below. I hope you enjoyed this article and I hope this helps you pack for convention!
HOW TO ORDER YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OIL PRODUCTS
CURRENT YOUNG LIVING MEMBERS: Log into your Virtual Office and order products or call 1-800-371-3515 to place a phone order.
NON YOUNG LIVING MEMBERS: Always contact the person who told you about Young Living products first. If that’s me great! I would love to be your sponsor and support you.
You can become a member under my sponsorship and the products are conveniently shipped to your home.
ORDER YOUNG LIVING PRODUCTS UNDER MY SPONSORSHIP
I can help you get started the best way for you. Learn about your ordering options, starter kits and watch a short Introduction to Young Living Essential Oils video first. If you order with me you will receive a free welcome packet, access to a free training center, my cell phone and tons of support.